Local Community Fund:
The second round for 2017 is now OPEN! Please read all of the information below for further details.
Expression of Interest closing date: 25th August 2017
Full Application closing date: 16th September 2017*
*Please note that full applications will not be accepted without an expression of interest being submitted
Total available funds for current round: $84,289.49
Please note that KiwiSport funding is shifting out of the PE/Curriculum time space and as such we are putting a priority on projects delivered out of school time (i.e. Before/After School, Lunchtimes and Weekends)
To download a KiwiSport Expression of Interest form, please click either of the below:
Click here to download the Expression of Interest form in English.
Click here to download the Expression of Interest form in Te Reo Maori.
LocalFund is contestable and distributed to support projects/initiatives that can provide new or increased opportunities of organised sport for children aged 5-18yrs.
• This fund is for organisations applying for over $5001. There are two funding rounds per year generally closing in May and September. If you would like to apply to this fund, you are required to complete an Expression of Interest form and email it firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date. You will be notified of the outcome of your application within 45 days of submitting the expression of interest. For criteria, guidelines and processes, read the Sport Waitakere KiwiSport Quick Guide.
• LocalFund has 2 rounds per year, closing around May and September with notification within 45 days .
• Applications must be on the LocalFund expression of interest/full application form provided.
• Once submitted in full, your project is reviewed by a KiwiSport Advisory Group made upof independant community representatives. Their recommendations will then be forwarded to the SPORT WAITAKERE Board for final funding decisions.
• You will be notified of the outcome within 25 days of submitting the full application.
• If your project is successful, baseline data will need to be supplied PRIOR to the project commencing.
• All projects must show partnerships
• Cash and in-kind contribution is required from one or more partners
• Projects will not be 100% KiwiSport funded (i.e. there must be a financial contribution from another party - Yourself or another partner)
• Project must be endorsed from the relevant Regional Sport Organisation and/or National Sport Organisation (letter of support required)
• Must meet at least one or more of the KiwiSport Outcomes (outlined on Application form)
• Must address at least one or more of the West Auckland Community Priorities (outlined on Application form)
HOW TO APPLY
1. Run your idea through the PROJECT SELF CHECK
2. Review the LocalFund MINIMUM COACHING REQUIREMENTS that each coach is required to complete
3. Review the LocalFund PROCESS DIAGRAM
4. Download and complete the LocalFund Expression of Interest form in English or Te Reo Maori (see above)
5. Submit your LocalFund expression of interest form by the due date to email@example.com (please note that the earlier this is done the more chance your project will have of being worked up to meet the relevant criteria)
6. Once EOI is accepted, you will be sent the full LocalFund Application form, to complete
For more information on KiwiSport in the Waitakere Community contact: